The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ), which rose 1.53% or 2.59 points to trade at 172.01 at the close. Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) added 1.44% or 5.27 points to end at 371.26 and Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) was up 1.16% or 1.72 points to 150.06 in late trade.
Biggest losers included American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ), which lost 2.55% or 4.77 points to trade at 182.31 in late trade. Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) declined 0.77% or 1.61 points to end at 207.63 and Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ ) shed 0.66% or 0.35 points to 52.58.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) which rose 12.66% to 1024.86, Nucor Corp (NYSE: NUE ) which was up 6.93% to settle at 109.42 and Coterra Energy Inc (NYSE: CTRA ) which gained 5.97% to close at 22.56.
The worst performers were Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL ) which was down 5.13% to 87.48 in late trade, Henry Schein Inc (NASDAQ: HSIC ) which lost 4.61% to settle at 76.21 and HCA Holdings Inc (NYSE: HCA ) which was down 4.46% to 241.81 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were RISE Education Cayman Ltd (NASDAQ: REDU ) which rose 79.73% to 1.490, GreenPro Capital Corp (NASDAQ: GRNQ ) which was up 72.94% to settle at 1.4700 and PAE Inc (NASDAQ: PAE ) which gained 67.46% to close at 9.880.
The worst performers were Erytech Pharma SA ADR (NASDAQ: ERYP ) which was down 39.96% to 3.290 in late trade, Eyenovia Inc (NASDAQ: EYEN ) which lost 38.91% to settle at 4.020 and SG Blocks Inc (NASDAQ: SGBX ) which was down 23.96% to 3.650 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2056 to 1217 and 111 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2303 rose and 1429 declined, while 160 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 1.23% to 15.24.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.66% or 11.80 to $1808.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.20% or 0.17 to hit $83.59 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.45% or 0.38 to trade at $85.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.31% to 1.1611, while USD/JPY rose 0.23% to 113.72.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 93.812.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.