The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which rose 3.14% or 1.37 points to trade at 44.96 at the close. Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ) added 2.50% or 6.95 points to end at 284.47 and Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) was up 2.19% or 6.57 points to 306.97 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ), which lost 1.81% or 1.17 points to trade at 63.44 in late trade. American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ) declined 1.77% or 3.09 points to end at 171.62 and UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ) shed 1.46% or 7.40 points to 501.15.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were EPAM Systems Inc (NYSE: EPAM ) which rose 8.87% to 288.50, Align Technology Inc (NASDAQ: ALGN ) which was up 6.54% to settle at 308.88 and CarMax Inc (NYSE: KMX ) which gained 6.25% to close at 91.14.
The worst performers were Global Payments Inc (NYSE: GPN ) which was down 9.21% to 124.36 in late trade, Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM ) which lost 5.64% to settle at 50.70 and Moodys Corporation (NYSE: MCO ) which was down 4.85% to 301.13 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Better Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: BTTX ) which rose 120.39% to 2.01, SoundHound AI Inc (NASDAQ: SOUN ) which was up 68.46% to settle at 10.95 and Redbox Entertainment Inc (NASDAQ: RDBX ) which gained 42.64% to close at 8.53.
The worst performers were First Wave BioPharma Inc (NASDAQ: FWBI ) which was down 35.42% to 0.40 in late trade, Stealth BioTherapeutics Corp (NASDAQ: MITO ) which lost 31.83% to settle at 0.28 and Galmed Pharmaceuticals Ltd (NASDAQ: GLMD ) which was down 26.51% to 1.22 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1791 to 1419 and 160 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2325 rose and 1508 declined, while 266 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 3.17% to 32.34.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 2.61% or 49.86 to $1,861.84 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.59% or 0.62 to hit $105.31 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.60% or 0.64 to trade at $107.78 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.36% to 1.05, while USD/JPY rose 0.24% to 130.15.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.68% at 103.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.