The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ), which rose 4.48% or 2.83 points to trade at 66.01 at the close. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) added 3.28% or 8.38 points to end at 263.59 and Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) was up 3.17% or 7.17 points to 233.63 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ), which lost 1.11% or 0.61 points to trade at 54.10 in late trade. Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) declined 0.83% or 1.11 points to end at 132.28 and Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ) shed 0.75% or 1.68 points to 223.02.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN ) which rose 13.80% to 100.95, General Motors Company (NYSE: GM ) which was up 5.13% to settle at 60.05 and Expedia Inc (NASDAQ: EXPE ) which gained 5.04% to close at 185.27.
The worst performers were NRG Energy Inc (NYSE: NRG ) which was down 16.71% to 36.18 in late trade, AbbVie Inc (NYSE: ABBV ) which lost 5.23% to settle at 105.04 and ViacomCBS Inc (NASDAQ: VIAC ) which was down 4.05% to 92.34 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Integrated Media Technology Ltd (NASDAQ: IMTE ) which rose 79.87% to 8.40, Oriental Culture Holding Ltd (NASDAQ: OCG ) which was up 76.96% to settle at 10.60 and Liquid Media Group Ltd (NASDAQ: YVR ) which gained 62.55% to close at 3.950.
The worst performers were Rubius Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: RUBY ) which was down 24.42% to 24.19 in late trade, Anchiano Therapeutics Ltd (NASDAQ: CMMB ) which lost 21.71% to settle at 59.000 and CHF Solutions Inc (NASDAQ: CHFS ) which was down 16.03% to 6.180 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 0 fell and 0 advanced on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 2.83% to 19.23 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.30% or 22.40 to $1749.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $64.62 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.19% or 0.13 to trade at $67.97 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1986, while USD/JPY rose 0.09% to 108.93.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 91.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.