The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 3.18% or 6.76 points to trade at 219.43 at the close. Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) added 2.59% or 2.44 points to end at 96.74 and Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) was up 2.35% or 1.22 points to 53.23 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ), which lost 1.00% or 4.31 points to trade at 425.40 in late trade. Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) declined 0.67% or 1.02 points to end at 150.43 and The Travelers Companies Inc (NYSE: TRV ) shed 0.60% or 0.96 points to 159.88.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were APA Corporation (NASDAQ: APA ) which rose 7.53% to 17.28, Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY ) which was up 6.92% to settle at 23.47 and Xilinx Inc (NASDAQ: XLNX ) which gained 6.42% to close at 153.53.
The worst performers were Cboe Global Markets Inc (NYSE: CBOE ) which was down 2.74% to 126.20 in late trade, Rollins Inc (NYSE: ROL ) which lost 2.42% to settle at 38.38 and Xcel Energy Inc (NASDAQ: XEL ) which was down 2.28% to 69.00 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Trillium Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: TRIL ) which rose 188.34% to 17.560, Vivos Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: VVOS ) which was up 53.39% to settle at 5.890 and Canoo Inc (NASDAQ: GOEV ) which gained 31.64% to close at 7.780.
The worst performers were Regencell Bioscience Holdings Ltd (NASDAQ: RGC ) which was down 28.50% to 13.70 in late trade, Marketwise Inc (NASDAQ: MKTW ) which lost 17.18% to settle at 6.750 and Flora Growth Corp (NASDAQ: FLGC ) which was down 13.96% to 10.910 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2298 to 982 and 124 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2707 rose and 907 declined, while 131 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 7.60% to 17.15.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.29% or 23.00 to $1807.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 5.31% or 3.30 to hit $65.44 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 5.22% or 3.38 to trade at $68.13 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.41% to 1.1744, while USD/JPY fell 0.10% to 109.69.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.53% at 93.013.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.