The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were The Travelers Companies Inc (NYSE: TRV ), which rose 2.82% or 4.73 points to trade at 172.72 at the close. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ) added 2.43% or 11.37 points to end at 479.78 and Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) was up 1.79% or 2.86 points to 162.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ), which lost 3.06% or 7.11 points to trade at 225.01 in late trade. Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ) declined 1.29% or 1.87 points to end at 142.62 and JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ) shed 0.80% or 1.21 points to 149.94.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Alphabet Inc Class A (NASDAQ: GOOGL ) which rose 7.52% to 2960.00, Alphabet Inc Class C (NASDAQ: GOOG ) which was up 7.37% to settle at 2960.73 and Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM ) which gained 6.25% to close at 188.20.
The worst performers were PayPal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PYPL ) which was down 24.59% to 132.57 in late trade, CH Robinson Worldwide Inc (NASDAQ: CHRW ) which lost 11.50% to settle at 92.54 and Etsy Inc (NASDAQ: ETSY ) which was down 9.28% to 138.04 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were MDJM Ltd (NASDAQ: MDJH ) which rose 35.56% to 2.440, GWG Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: GWGH ) which was up 31.58% to settle at 4.500 and Helbiz Inc (NASDAQ: HLBZ ) which gained 24.84% to close at 3.82.
The worst performers were LogicBio Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: LOGC ) which was down 54.83% to 0.677 in late trade, Redbox Entertainment Inc (NASDAQ: RDBX ) which lost 52.16% to settle at 2.550 and Electric Last Mile Solutions Inc (NASDAQ: ELMS ) which was down 51.52% to 2.710 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1774 to 1482 and 102 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2635 fell and 1210 advanced, while 184 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 0.59% to 22.09.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.31% or 5.65 to $1807.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.23% or 0.20 to hit $88.00 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.01% or 0.01 to trade at $89.32 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.00% to 1.1303, while USD/JPY fell 0.01% to 114.43.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.41% at 95.980.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.