The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ), which rose 2.52% or 7.49 points to trade at 304.26 at the close. Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) added 1.96% or 6.33 points to end at 329.23 and Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) was up 1.66% or 0.95 points to 58.22 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which lost 0.82% or 0.43 points to trade at 52.01 in late trade. Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) declined 0.38% or 0.86 points to end at 223.53 and Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) shed 0.39% or 0.22 points to 56.64.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Foot Locker Inc (NYSE: FL ) which rose 7.34% to 58.38, NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA ) which was up 5.09% to settle at 208.05 and ABIOMED Inc (NASDAQ: ABMD ) which gained 4.53% to close at 348.45.
The worst performers were Ross Stores Inc (NASDAQ: ROST ) which was down 2.68% to 123.19 in late trade, Deere & Company (NYSE: DE ) which lost 2.06% to settle at 351.60 and Lam Research Corp (NASDAQ: LRCX ) which was down 1.93% to 566.00 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Regencell Bioscience Holdings Ltd (NASDAQ: RGC ) which rose 235.56% to 21.14, Flora Growth Corp (NASDAQ: FLGC ) which was up 43.93% to settle at 12.680 and GeoVax Labs Inc (NASDAQ: GOVX ) which gained 32.79% to close at 5.710.
The worst performers were Progenity Inc (NASDAQ: PROG ) which was down 55.27% to 0.666 in late trade, Sonnet Biotherapeutics Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: SONN ) which lost 49.59% to settle at 0.6150 and Endo International PLC (NASDAQ: ENDP ) which was down 40.14% to 2.125 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2329 to 889 and 138 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2563 rose and 1029 declined, while 131 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 14.35% to 18.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.30 to $1783.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 2.55% or 1.62 to hit $61.88 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 2.15% or 1.43 to trade at $65.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.26% to 1.1704, while USD/JPY rose 0.07% to 109.79.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 93.455.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.