The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ), which rose 2.56% or 8.48 points to trade at 339.33 at the close. Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ) added 1.90% or 1.16 points to end at 62.09 and JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ) was up 1.90% or 2.80 points to 150.17 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which lost 5.35% or 3.35 points to trade at 59.22 in late trade. Honeywell International Inc (NYSE: HON ) declined 2.07% or 4.75 points to end at 224.51 and American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ) shed 1.94% or 2.85 points to 144.31.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB ) which rose 8.71% to 564.21, Coty Inc (NYSE: COTY ) which was up 7.72% to settle at 9.91 and Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ: STX ) which gained 6.03% to close at 89.15.
The worst performers were Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB ) which was down 5.86% to 132.10 in late trade, Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) which lost 5.35% to settle at 59.22 and Clorox Co (NYSE: CLX ) which was down 3.35% to 188.53 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Sypris Solutions Inc (NASDAQ: SYPR ) which rose 56.94% to 4.4100, Uxin Ltd (NASDAQ: UXIN ) which was up 56.62% to settle at 2.130 and Microvision Inc (NASDAQ: MVIS ) which gained 36.76% to close at 17.9700.
The worst performers were Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: INO ) which was down 24.97% to 6.85 in late trade, Protara Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: TARA ) which lost 17.87% to settle at 12.27 and Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ: AXAS ) which was down 14.58% to 2.0500 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2401 to 630 and 97 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2372 rose and 789 declined, while 103 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 7.38% to 17.33.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.31% or 5.55 to $1776.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.17% or 0.72 to hit $62.15 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.07% or 0.70 to trade at $66.10 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.68% to 1.2096, while USD/JPY fell 0.06% to 107.89.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.57% at 90.800.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.