The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ), which rose 2.00% or 4.88 points to trade at 249.02 at the close. Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) added 1.89% or 6.16 points to end at 332.82 and McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD ) was up 1.76% or 4.21 points to 242.88 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which lost 5.29% or 2.96 points to trade at 53.00 in late trade. Honeywell International Inc (NASDAQ: HON ) declined 1.51% or 3.52 points to end at 229.22 and Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ) shed 0.63% or 0.38 points to 60.10.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Robert Half International Inc (NYSE: RHI ) which rose 7.41% to 92.91, Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB ) which was up 5.26% to settle at 369.65 and DR Horton Inc (NYSE: DHI ) which gained 4.42% to close at 93.60.
The worst performers were Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) which was down 5.29% to 53.00 in late trade, VeriSign Inc (NASDAQ: VRSN ) which lost 4.74% to settle at 222.47 and TechnipFMC PLC (NYSE: FTI ) which was down 4.14% to 6.940 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were NanoVibronix Inc (NASDAQ: NAOV ) which rose 245.47% to 2.5900, Big Rock Partners Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: NRXP ) which was up 59.51% to settle at 26.24 and Socket Mobile Inc (NASDAQ: SCKT ) which gained 43.28% to close at 8.310.
The worst performers were Sentage Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: SNTG ) which was down 44.11% to 6.46 in late trade, RISE Education Cayman Ltd (NASDAQ: REDU ) which lost 40.53% to settle at 1.350 and 17 Education Technology Group Inc (NASDAQ: YQ ) which was down 38.70% to 1.410 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1928 to 1243 and 111 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1829 fell and 1616 advanced, while 130 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 2.77% to 17.20.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.20% or 3.60 to $1801.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.24% or 0.17 to hit $72.08 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.47% or 0.35 to trade at $74.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1775, while USD/JPY rose 0.37% to 110.55.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 92.888.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.