The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 2.75% or 5.11 points to trade at 191.01 at the close. Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) added 2.24% or 2.92 points to end at 133.11 and JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ) was up 2.18% or 3.04 points to 142.69 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ), which lost 0.47% or 0.83 points to trade at 175.00 in late trade. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ) declined 0.47% or 2.37 points to end at 505.29 and Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) shed 0.38% or 0.85 points to 222.86.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) which rose 7.91% to 993.98, EPAM Systems Inc (NYSE: EPAM ) which was up 6.92% to settle at 303.72 and Moderna Inc (NASDAQ: MRNA ) which gained 6.47% to close at 186.72.
The worst performers were Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY ) which was down 2.55% to 38.19 in late trade, Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES ) which lost 2.19% to settle at 101.58 and Mosaic Co (NYSE: MOS ) which was down 2.17% to 65.74 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were JX Luxventure Ltd (NASDAQ: LLL ) which rose 119.50% to 4.39, Q And K International Group Ltd (NASDAQ: QK ) which was up 50.69% to settle at 2.17 and Draganfly Inc (NASDAQ: DPRO ) which gained 41.32% to close at 2.36.
The worst performers were Statera Biopharma Inc (NASDAQ: STAB ) which was down 43.38% to 0.34 in late trade, Oric Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: ORIC ) which lost 28.74% to settle at 4.76 and Applied Genetic (NASDAQ: AGTC ) which was down 27.22% to 1.31 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1976 to 1205 and 127 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2793 rose and 1061 declined, while 223 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 2.51% to 22.94 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.47% or 9.05 to $1,920.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.97% or 1.07 to hit $108.90 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.55% or 0.64 to trade at $114.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.14% to 1.10, while USD/JPY rose 1.13% to 120.82.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 98.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.