The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 9.46% or 11.56 points to trade at 133.72 at the close. Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ) added 2.97% or 7.27 points to end at 251.76 and Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ) was up 2.67% or 7.53 points to 290.07 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ), which lost 1.96% or 1.15 points to trade at 57.41 in late trade. Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) declined 1.96% or 3.29 points to end at 164.26 and Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) shed 0.99% or 1.33 points to 132.51.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) which rose 9.46% to 133.72, Netflix Inc (NASDAQ: NFLX ) which was up 7.50% to settle at 180.11 and Warner Bros Discovery Inc (NASDAQ: WBD ) which gained 6.22% to close at 14.85.
The worst performers were Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE: VLO ) which was down 4.07% to 128.30 in late trade, Schlumberger NV (NYSE: SLB ) which lost 3.93% to settle at 41.52 and Albemarle Corp (NYSE: ALB ) which was down 3.69% to 215.08 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Sidus Space Inc (NASDAQ: SIDU ) which rose 225.00% to 4.68, Evoke Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: EVOK ) which was up 47.06% to settle at 3.00 and Zhong Yang Financial Group Ltd (NASDAQ: TOP ) which gained 41.00% to close at 31.02.
The worst performers were 180 Life Sciences Corp (NASDAQ: ATNF ) which was down 34.00% to 0.88 in late trade, Apptech Corp (NASDAQ: APCX ) which lost 33.80% to settle at 0.56 and Aditx Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ADTX ) which was down 27.79% to 0.18 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2327 to 863 and 141 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2776 rose and 1073 declined, while 236 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 9.39% to 29.62.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.32% or 23.95 to $1,837.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 2.44% or 2.90 to hit $116.03 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.79% or 2.17 to trade at $119.00 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.39% to 1.05, while USD/JPY fell 1.31% to 133.69.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.76% at 104.54.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.