The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ), which rose 3.80% or 14.87 points to trade at 406.07 at the close. Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ) added 2.58% or 5.81 points to end at 230.99 and American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ) was up 2.51% or 4.30 points to 175.81 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ), which lost 3.64% or 1.85 points to trade at 48.92 in late trade. McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD ) declined 0.94% or 2.30 points to end at 242.25 and Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) shed 0.72% or 0.40 points to 55.25.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were JB Hunt Transport Services Inc (NASDAQ: JBHT ) which rose 8.74% to 190.55, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC ) which was up 6.78% to settle at 48.38 and Halliburton Company (NYSE: HAL ) which gained 4.88% to close at 26.01.
The worst performers were WestRock Co (NYSE: WRK ) which was down 5.58% to 46.57 in late trade, International Paper (NYSE: IP ) which lost 4.53% to settle at 53.28 and Packaging Corp of America (NYSE: PKG ) which was down 3.88% to 133.71 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were LM Funding America Inc (NASDAQ: LMFA ) which rose 38.08% to 4.750, Waitr Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: WTRH ) which was up 37.86% to settle at 1.4200 and Jasper Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: JSPR ) which gained 31.57% to close at 16.420.
The worst performers were Duck Creek Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: DCT ) which was down 24.42% to 34.94 in late trade, Very Good Food Company Inc (NASDAQ: VGFC ) which lost 21.40% to settle at 1.80 and Lucid Diagnostics Inc (NASDAQ: LUCD ) which was down 20.49% to 9.35 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 0 fell and 0 advanced on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 3.32% to 16.30 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.65% or 29.70 to $1768.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $81.73 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.00% or 0.84 to trade at $84.84 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.1601, while USD/JPY rose 0.51% to 114.25.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.00% at 93.960.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.