The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 5.07% or 9.67 points to trade at 200.24 at the close. Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) added 4.73% or 10.50 points to end at 232.63 and Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ) was up 3.13% or 4.34 points to 142.97 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ), which lost 1.39% or 0.70 points to trade at 49.76 in late trade. Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) declined 0.87% or 2.00 points to end at 227.14 and Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ) shed 0.80% or 1.83 points to 226.17.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Enphase Energy Inc (NASDAQ: ENPH ) which rose 13.41% to 140.47, SolarEdge Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: SEDG ) which was up 12.33% to settle at 238.22 and Netflix Inc (NASDAQ: NFLX ) which gained 11.13% to close at 427.14.
The worst performers were L3Harris Technologies Inc (NYSE: LHX ) which was down 4.29% to 209.29 in late trade, Kellogg Company (NYSE: K ) which lost 3.46% to settle at 63.00 and Citrix Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CTXS ) which was down 3.42% to 101.94 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Calithera Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: CALA ) which rose 55.65% to 0.650, Inspira Technologies Oxy BHN Ltd (NASDAQ: IINN ) which was up 36.52% to settle at 3.14 and Vaccinex Inc (NASDAQ: VCNX ) which gained 33.63% to close at 1.510.
The worst performers were Imperial Petroleum Inc (NASDAQ: IMPP ) which was down 55.05% to 0.98 in late trade, Appharvest Inc (NASDAQ: APPH ) which lost 12.06% to settle at 2.99 and Vigil Neuroscience Inc (NASDAQ: VIGL ) which was down 11.95% to 12.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2680 to 574 and 106 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 3323 rose and 582 declined, while 154 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 10.23% to 24.83.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.76% or 13.60 to $1798.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.49% or 1.29 to hit $88.11 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.07% or 0.06 to trade at $89.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.1232, while USD/JPY rose 0.03% to 115.14.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.65% at 96.632.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.