The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ), which rose 6.33% or 11.06 points to trade at 185.74 at the close. Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ) added 4.94% or 4.17 points to end at 88.58 and Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) was up 4.79% or 5.81 points to 127.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ), which lost 4.28% or 10.66 points to trade at 238.13 in late trade. Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) declined 0.71% or 1.52 points to end at 212.44 and Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) shed 0.16% or 0.24 points to 154.22.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Meta Platforms Inc (NASDAQ: FB ) which rose 17.59% to 205.73, PTC Inc (NASDAQ: PTC ) which was up 17.18% to settle at 114.39 and PayPal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PYPL ) which gained 11.48% to close at 92.09.
The worst performers were Align Technology Inc (NASDAQ: ALGN ) which was down 15.47% to 304.66 in late trade, O’Reilly Automotive Inc (NASDAQ: ORLY ) which lost 12.62% to settle at 623.28 and Stanley Black & Decker Inc (NYSE: SWK ) which was down 8.63% to 127.13 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were T Stamp Inc (NASDAQ: IDAI ) which rose 123.81% to 4.70, Statera Biopharma Inc (NASDAQ: STAB ) which was up 81.87% to settle at 0.38 and Swvl Holdings Corp (NASDAQ: SWVL ) which gained 50.15% to close at 10.09.
The worst performers were Sio Gene Therapies Inc (NASDAQ: SIOX ) which was down 48.57% to 0.31 in late trade, BIOLASE Inc (NASDAQ: BIOL ) which lost 34.20% to settle at 0.20 and Limelight Networks Inc (NASDAQ: LLNW ) which was down 25.06% to 3.38 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2531 to 681 and 125 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2504 rose and 1328 declined, while 265 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 5.09% to 29.99.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.37% or 7.04 to $1,895.74 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 3.22% or 3.28 to hit $105.30 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 2.28% or 2.39 to trade at $107.34 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.47% to 1.05, while USD/JPY rose 1.87% to 130.82.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.67% at 103.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.