The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 5.92% or 7.46 points to trade at 133.51 at the close. Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ) added 5.25% or 15.72 points to end at 314.87 and Salesforce Inc (NYSE: CRM ) was up 5.29% or 7.83 points to 155.73 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ), which added 0.23% or 0.13 points to trade at 56.78 in late trade. Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ) added 0.96% or 0.84 points to end at 88.39 and Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) gained 1.12% or 2.58 points to 233.02.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR ) which rose 22.24% to 52.00, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NYSE: NCLH ) which was up 16.84% to settle at 13.32 and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (NYSE: RCL ) which gained 16.65% to close at 43.85.
The worst performers were Welltower Inc (NYSE: WELL ) which was down 1.53% to 64.38 in late trade, Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX ) which lost 1.08% to settle at 206.25 and Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG ) which was down 0.62% to 244.96 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Bit Brother Ltd (NASDAQ: BTB ) which rose 185.46% to 0.32, Senti Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: SNTI ) which was up 105.60% to settle at 5.14 and Aeroclean Technologies LLC (NASDAQ: AERC ) which gained 85.05% to close at 5.94.
The worst performers were Kalvista Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: KALV ) which was down 58.92% to 5.85 in late trade, Oblong Inc (NASDAQ: OBLG ) which lost 40.25% to settle at 0.24 and FaZe Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: FAZE ) which was down 39.14% to 4.96 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2835 to 332 and 90 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 3155 rose and 694 declined, while 194 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 3.42% to 29.07.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.93% or 32.85 to $1,734.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 3.13% or 2.62 to hit $86.25 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 3.06% or 2.72 to trade at $91.58 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 1.70% to 1.00, while USD/JPY fell 0.35% to 144.02.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 1.46% at 110.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.