The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Honeywell International Inc (NASDAQ: HON ), which rose 4.47% or 8.81 points to trade at 205.85 at the close. Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) added 4.20% or 8.97 points to end at 222.59 and 3M Company (NYSE: MMM ) was up 4.15% or 6.15 points to 154.23 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ), which added 0.74% or 1.15 points to trade at 157.36 in late trade. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) added 1.07% or 1.91 points to end at 180.20 and Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) gained 1.38% or 2.11 points to 154.62.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Paycom Soft (NYSE: PAYC ) which rose 13.78% to 328.20, Generac Holdlings Inc (NYSE: GNRC ) which was up 11.79% to settle at 261.78 and Enphase Energy Inc (NASDAQ: ENPH ) which gained 9.98% to close at 191.94.
The worst performers were Akamai Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: AKAM ) which was down 9.70% to 102.76 in late trade, Johnson Controls International PLC (NYSE: JCI ) which lost 8.71% to settle at 56.52 and IDEXX Laboratories Inc (NASDAQ: IDXX ) which was down 5.65% to 411.31 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Rail Vision Ltd Unit (NASDAQ: RVSN ) which rose 60.00% to 2.16, TransMedics Group Inc (NASDAQ: TMDX ) which was up 40.33% to settle at 30.69 and Aclarion Inc (NASDAQ: ACON ) which gained 36.63% to close at 2.35.
The worst performers were Connect Biopharma Holdings Ltd (NASDAQ: CNTB ) which was down 57.72% to 0.82 in late trade, Kezar Life Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: KZR ) which lost 43.51% to settle at 6.96 and Amarin Corporation PLC (NASDAQ: AMRN ) which was down 43.07% to 1.56 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2645 to 543 and 129 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2775 rose and 1070 declined, while 231 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 13.09% to 25.42.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.70% or 13.18 to $1,883.78 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 5.21% or 5.34 to hit $107.75 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 4.92% or 5.16 to trade at $110.13 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.99% to 1.06, while USD/JPY fell 0.74% to 129.13.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.94% at 102.52.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.