The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 12.87% or 15.44 points to trade at 135.44 at the close. Raytheon Technologies Corp (NYSE: RTX ) added 9.80% or 5.17 points to end at 57.90 and Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ) was up 9.48% or 3.18 points to 36.74 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ), which lost 0.08% or 0.06 points to trade at 79.72 in late trade. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) added 0.05% or 0.08 points to end at 150.52 and Pfizer Inc (NYSE: PFE ) gained 0.82% or 0.31 points to 38.07.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were TripAdvisor Inc (NASDAQ: TRIP ) which rose 21.42% to 19.02, United Airlines Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: UAL ) which was up 21.13% to settle at 24.13 and Expedia Inc (NASDAQ: EXPE ) which gained 18.62% to close at 79.19.
The worst performers were Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB ) which was down 4.84% to 50.94 in late trade, Citrix Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CTXS ) which lost 4.66% to settle at 139.89 and Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) which was down 2.92% to 233.19 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Oasis Midstream Partners LP (NASDAQ: OMP ) which rose 79.31% to 7.80, ALJ Regional Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: ALJJ ) which was up 64.00% to settle at 0.525 and PrimeEnergy Corporation (NASDAQ: PNRG ) which gained 57.95% to close at 78.50.
The worst performers were Centric Brands Inc (NASDAQ: CTRC ) which was down 53.22% to 0.440 in late trade, Midatech Pharma PLC ADR (NASDAQ: MTP ) which lost 36.47% to settle at 1.6200 and Forescout Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: FSCT ) which was down 23.54% to 22.57 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2585 to 332 and 34 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2204 rose and 484 declined, while 41 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 8.12% to 29.30.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 1.26% or 22.15 to $1734.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 9.69% or 2.86 to hit $32.38 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.11% or 0.04 to trade at $35.52 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.0920, while USD/JPY rose 0.01% to 107.34.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.81% at 99.625.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.