The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 5.49% or 12.13 points to trade at 233.09 at the close. Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) added 2.27% or 2.59 points to end at 116.82 and McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD ) was up 0.91% or 2.27 points to 252.94 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ), which lost 1.78% or 8.19 points to trade at 450.80 in late trade. Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) declined 1.06% or 2.23 points to end at 207.40 and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) shed 0.90% or 1.49 points to 163.52.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Dollar Tree Inc (NASDAQ: DLTR ) which rose 14.28% to 129.23, Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) which was up 5.49% to settle at 233.09 and Wynn Resorts Limited (NASDAQ: WYNN ) which gained 4.36% to close at 98.05.
The worst performers were Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (NASDAQ: TTWO ) which was down 5.45% to 177.60 in late trade, American Tower Corp (NYSE: AMT ) which lost 4.26% to settle at 260.50 and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE: LH ) which was down 4.01% to 285.31 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Creative Realities Inc (NASDAQ: CREX ) which rose 79.45% to 2.620, Patriot National Bancorp Inc (NASDAQ: PNBK ) which was up 49.65% to settle at 15.040 and Scynexis Inc (NASDAQ: SCYX ) which gained 25.00% to close at 6.750.
The worst performers were Bit Brother Ltd (NASDAQ: BTB ) which was down 28.68% to 1.8900 in late trade, Telos Corp (NASDAQ: TLS ) which lost 28.06% to settle at 17.54 and Marathon Digital Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: MARA ) which was down 27.03% to 55.40 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1760 to 1484 and 135 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2077 fell and 1655 advanced, while 177 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 1.23% to 16.49.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.18% or 3.40 to $1865.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.19% or 0.15 to hit $79.84 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.06% or 0.05 to trade at $82.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.70% to 1.1370, while USD/JPY rose 0.24% to 114.12.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.39% at 95.502.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.