The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ), which rose 0.92% or 0.49 points to trade at 53.79 at the close. Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) added 0.60% or 0.32 points to end at 54.00 and Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ) was up 0.52% or 0.70 points to 134.86 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which lost 1.70% or 1.10 points to trade at 63.65 in late trade. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) declined 1.62% or 4.01 points to end at 244.17 and Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) shed 1.29% or 1.73 points to 132.58.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Harley-Davidson Inc (NYSE: HOG ) which rose 9.73% to 44.31, Albemarle Corp (NYSE: ALB ) which was up 3.62% to settle at 157.54 and Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ) which gained 1.86% to close at 80.05.
The worst performers were Altria Group (NYSE: MO ) which was down 6.17% to 49.08 in late trade, Arconic Corp (NYSE: ARNC ) which lost 6.17% to settle at 25.99 and Synopsys Inc (NASDAQ: SNPS ) which was down 3.82% to 250.82 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Marlin Business Services Corp (NASDAQ: MRLN ) which rose 50.77% to 21.47, TDH Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PETZ ) which was up 27.12% to settle at 2.695 and Galectin Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: GALT ) which gained 26.48% to close at 2.77.
The worst performers were Esports Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: EBET ) which was down 21.66% to 19.86 in late trade, Tian Ruixiang Holdings Ltd (NASDAQ: TIRX ) which lost 21.05% to settle at 12.79 and Utime Ltd (NASDAQ: UTME ) which was down 17.84% to 37.13 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1996 to 1015 and 115 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2331 fell and 865 advanced, while 110 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 6.40% to 17.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.55% or 9.85 to $1770.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.46% or 0.29 to hit $63.48 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.48% or 0.32 to trade at $67.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.44% to 1.2036, while USD/JPY fell 0.55% to 108.17.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.51% at 91.080.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.