The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ), which rose 2.58% or 1.44 points to trade at 57.21 at the close. Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) added 0.68% or 0.42 points to end at 62.54 and JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ) was up 0.47% or 0.71 points to 152.14 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which lost 5.32% or 2.53 points to trade at 45.04 in late trade. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) declined 2.13% or 4.55 points to end at 209.03 and Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) shed 1.59% or 3.19 points to 196.84.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Dollar Tree Inc (NASDAQ: DLTR ) which rose 5.22% to 142.84, Consolidated Edison Inc (NYSE: ED ) which was up 3.88% to settle at 84.61 and LKQ Corporation (NASDAQ: LKQ ) which gained 3.21% to close at 49.17.
The worst performers were PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL ) which was down 7.25% to 26.10 in late trade, General Electric Company (NYSE: GE ) which lost 5.86% to settle at 92.69 and Enphase Energy Inc (NASDAQ: ENPH ) which was down 5.41% to 140.35 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were RISE Education Cayman Ltd (NASDAQ: REDU ) which rose 39.71% to 0.950, Hookipa Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: HOOK ) which was up 24.00% to settle at 2.480 and Cyngn Inc (NASDAQ: CYN ) which gained 22.54% to close at 1.74.
The worst performers were Cepton Inc (NASDAQ: CPTN ) which was down 57.14% to 18.000 in late trade, Inspirato Inc (NASDAQ: ISPO ) which lost 50.35% to settle at 46.00 and Guardion Health Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: GHSI ) which was down 45.73% to 0.2008 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2058 to 1141 and 138 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2584 fell and 1207 advanced, while 222 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 1.28% to 27.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.06% or 1.20 to $1900.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.04% or 0.04 to hit $91.80 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.89% or 0.83 to trade at $93.80 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.33% to 1.1323, while USD/JPY rose 0.06% to 115.00.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 96.105.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.