The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ), which rose 1.52% or 7.17 points to trade at 478.55 at the close. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) added 1.29% or 1.62 points to end at 127.14 and Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) was up 0.90% or 2.58 points to 287.76 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ), which lost 13.73% or 6.64 points to trade at 41.72 in late trade. The Travelers Companies Inc (NYSE: TRV ) declined 2.88% or 5.02 points to end at 169.30 and Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) shed 2.74% or 3.36 points to 119.07.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Synopsys Inc (NASDAQ: SNPS ) which rose 10.25% to 300.52, MarketAxess Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: MKTX ) which was up 7.10% to settle at 267.94 and Generac Holdlings Inc (NYSE: GNRC ) which gained 6.62% to close at 223.69.
The worst performers were Under Armour Inc C (NYSE: UA ) which was down 15.76% to 8.18 in late trade, Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) which lost 13.73% to settle at 41.72 and Under Armour Inc A (NYSE: UAA ) which was down 11.87% to 9.28 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were NeuroMetrix Inc (NASDAQ: NURO ) which rose 76.28% to 5.50, VivoPower International PLC (NASDAQ: VVPR ) which was up 47.64% to settle at 1.58 and Neuroone Medical Technologies Corp (NASDAQ: NMTC ) which gained 29.57% to close at 0.79.
The worst performers were Bright Green Corp (NASDAQ: BGXX ) which was down 67.35% to 15.70 in late trade, Visionary Education Technology Holdings Group Inc (NASDAQ: VEDU ) which lost 39.00% to settle at 3.05 and Molecular Data Inc (NASDAQ: MKD ) which was down 27.50% to 0.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1643 to 1534 and 125 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2069 rose and 1679 declined, while 235 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 5.20% to 29.35.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.31% or 23.75 to $1,839.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.76% or 1.88 to hit $108.92 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.92% or 2.09 to trade at $111.20 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 1.14% to 1.06, while USD/JPY fell 0.34% to 127.79.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.93% at 102.89.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.