The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ), which rose 2.04% or 2.77 points to trade at 138.81 at the close. Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ ) added 0.53% or 0.28 points to end at 53.32 and Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ) was up 0.23% or 0.14 points to 61.09 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ), which lost 4.49% or 9.77 points to trade at 207.90 in late trade. Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) declined 3.20% or 4.64 points to end at 140.18 and Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) shed 2.95% or 6.45 points to 212.30.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Newell Brands Inc (NASDAQ: NWL ) which rose 11.07% to 24.39, Baker Hughes Co (NYSE: BKR ) which was up 6.20% to settle at 29.14 and Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY ) which gained 5.65% to close at 42.98.
The worst performers were Under Armour Inc A (NYSE: UAA ) which was down 12.49% to 17.51 in late trade, Under Armour Inc C (NYSE: UA ) which lost 11.37% to settle at 15.36 and Advanced Micro Devices Inc (NASDAQ: AMD ) which was down 10.01% to 113.18 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Y mAbs Therapeutics (NASDAQ: YMAB ) which rose 25.95% to 8.25, Kaival Brands Innovations Group Inc (NASDAQ: KAVL ) which was up 23.08% to settle at 2.240 and InterCure Ltd (NASDAQ: INCR ) which gained 21.84% to close at 8.20.
The worst performers were ProQR Therapeutics NV (NASDAQ: PRQR ) which was down 75.35% to 1.390 in late trade, Enveric Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: ENVB ) which lost 49.03% to settle at 0.337 and Surgalign Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: SRGA ) which was down 45.57% to 0.3241 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2266 to 987 and 136 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2744 fell and 1089 advanced, while 191 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 14.43% to 27.36.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.25% or 23.00 to $1860.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 4.51% or 4.05 to hit $93.93 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 3.98% or 3.64 to trade at $95.05 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.67% to 1.1351, while USD/JPY fell 0.51% to 115.40.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.52% at 96.047.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.