The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ), which rose 3.35% or 4.93 points to trade at 152.16 at the close. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) added 1.34% or 2.89 points to end at 218.75 and Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) was up 0.56% or 0.34 points to 61.38 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ), which lost 3.49% or 8.28 points to trade at 228.91 in late trade. Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ) declined 2.89% or 8.98 points to end at 302.23 and Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) shed 2.55% or 9.28 points to 355.09.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ) which rose 3.35% to 152.16, Micron Technology Inc (NASDAQ: MU ) which was up 3.28% to settle at 91.01 and Kellogg Company (NYSE: K ) which gained 3.11% to close at 63.58.
The worst performers were Lumen Technologies Inc (NYSE: LUMN ) which was down 15.52% to 10.83 in late trade, Interpublic Group of Companies Inc (NYSE: IPG ) which lost 8.77% to settle at 35.98 and Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA ) which was down 7.78% to 466.63 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Dermata Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: DRMA ) which rose 32.71% to 1.42, Hudson Capital Inc (NASDAQ: HUSN ) which was up 25.00% to settle at 2.975 and Vaccinex Inc (NASDAQ: VCNX ) which gained 24.36% to close at 1.940.
The worst performers were 2U Inc (NASDAQ: TWOU ) which was down 47.86% to 9.38 in late trade, Quantum Corporation (NASDAQ: QMCO ) which lost 38.99% to settle at 3.020 and Aspen Group Inc (NASDAQ: ASPU ) which was down 38.00% to 1.240 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2459 to 821 and 110 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2603 fell and 1280 advanced, while 192 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 19.79% to 23.91.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.50% or 9.20 to $1827.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.43% or 0.39 to hit $90.05 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.04% or 0.04 to trade at $91.45 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1430, while USD/JPY rose 0.01% to 116.01.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.18% at 95.668.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.