The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ), which fell 0.12% or 0.26 points to trade at 222.82 at the close. Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) fell 0.31% or 0.75 points to end at 241.82 and Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) was down 0.34% or 0.21 points to 62.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ), which lost 5.67% or 2.69 points to trade at 44.77 in late trade. Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) declined 3.71% or 1.91 points to end at 49.52 and JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ) shed 3.00% or 4.22 points to 136.32.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Carnival Corporation (NYSE: CCL ) which rose 3.16% to 20.22, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NYSE: NCLH ) which was up 3.11% to settle at 21.88 and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (NYSE: RCL ) which gained 2.82% to close at 83.78.
The worst performers were Advanced Micro Devices Inc (NASDAQ: AMD ) which was down 8.27% to 109.36 in late trade, Etsy Inc (NASDAQ: ETSY ) which lost 7.64% to settle at 124.28 and PVH Corp (NYSE: PVH ) which was down 7.35% to 76.61 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Longeveron LLC (NASDAQ: LGVN ) which rose 105.36% to 13.80, SAB Biotherapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: SABS ) which was up 44.62% to settle at 3.76 and Integrated Media Technology Ltd (NASDAQ: IMTE ) which gained 38.34% to close at 31.14.
The worst performers were Motorsport Gaming Us LLC (NASDAQ: MSGM ) which was down 35.92% to 1.32 in late trade, Missfresh Ltd ADR (NASDAQ: MF ) which lost 29.36% to settle at 0.90 and Clarus Therapeutics Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: CRXT ) which was down 28.37% to 1.49 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2040 to 1226 and 100 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2501 fell and 1410 advanced, while 191 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 6.36% to 20.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.16% or 3.00 to $1,936.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 6.43% or 6.93 to hit $100.89 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 5.50% or 6.13 to trade at $105.31 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.78% to 1.11, while USD/JPY fell 0.06% to 121.72.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.51% at 98.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.