The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Honeywell International Inc (NASDAQ: HON ), which rose 1.89% or 3.59 points to trade at 193.51 at the close. Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ) added 0.12% or 0.11 points to end at 88.69 and Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) was down 0.89% or 1.90 points to 210.54 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which lost 6.94% or 3.25 points to trade at 43.59 in late trade. Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) declined 5.28% or 9.80 points to end at 175.94 and Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ) shed 4.78% or 2.13 points to 42.40.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Mohawk Industries Inc (NYSE: MHK ) which rose 7.86% to 141.06, Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE ) which was up 2.81% to settle at 146.94 and Honeywell International Inc (NASDAQ: HON ) which gained 1.89% to close at 193.51.
The worst performers were VeriSign Inc (NASDAQ: VRSN ) which was down 14.26% to 178.69 in late trade, Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN ) which lost 14.05% to settle at 2,485.63 and Cincinnati Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: CINF ) which was down 9.81% to 122.66 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were GTY Technology Holdings Inc A (NASDAQ: GTYH ) which rose 115.19% to 6.09, Vaxxinity Inc (NASDAQ: VAXX ) which was up 84.22% to settle at 6.95 and Redbox Entertainment Inc (NASDAQ: RDBX ) which gained 69.41% to close at 5.98.
The worst performers were Accolade Inc (NASDAQ: ACCD ) which was down 49.73% to 5.56 in late trade, Genocea Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: GNCA ) which lost 30.55% to settle at 0.28 and Missfresh Ltd ADR (NASDAQ: MF ) which was down 27.74% to 0.52 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2611 to 605 and 105 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2861 fell and 967 advanced, while 252 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 11.37% to 33.40.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.30% or 5.74 to $1,897.04 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.80% or 0.84 to hit $104.52 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.31% or 0.33 to trade at $106.93 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.54% to 1.06, while USD/JPY fell 0.75% to 129.88.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.47% at 103.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.