The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 250.60 at the close. Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 220.77 and The Travelers Companies Inc (NYSE: TRV ) was unchanged 0% or 0 points to 170.63 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 346.87 in late trade. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 209.03 and Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) 0% or 0 points to 142.95.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Kraft Heinz Co (NASDAQ: KHC ) which unchanged 0% to 38.46, Medtronic PLC (NYSE: MDT ) which was unchanged 0% to settle at 100.58 and Carrier Global Corp (NYSE: CARR ) which unchanged 0% to close at 44.08.
The worst performers were Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) which was unchanged 0% to 346.87 in late trade, Best Buy Co Inc (NYSE: BBY ) which unchanged 0% to settle at 97.71 and Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO ) which was unchanged 0% to 214.18 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Imperial Petroleum Inc (NASDAQ: IMPP ) which unchanged 0% to 0.49, China Natural Resources Inc (NASDAQ: CHNR ) which was unchanged 0% to settle at 0.6103 and Paltalk Inc (NASDAQ: PALT ) which unchanged 0% to close at 3.1400.
The worst performers were Color Star Technology Co Ltd (NASDAQ: CSCW ) which was unchanged 0% to 0.5158 in late trade, Dogness International Corp Class A (NASDAQ: DOGZ ) which unchanged 0% to settle at 4.2700 and Zosano Pharma Corp (NASDAQ: ZSAN ) which was unchanged 0% to 0.2159 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2516 to 733 and 133 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2858 fell and 1046 advanced, while 178 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was unchanged 0.00% to 27.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.63% or 12.05 to $1911.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.68% or 3.32 to hit $93.53 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.95 to trade at $94.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0% to 1.1312, while USD/JPY unchanged 0% to 114.74.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.112.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.