Wells Fargo (WFC) shares gained more than 3% after-hours following the company’s announced dividend hike and a new share repurchase program.
The company increased its quarterly dividend by 16.7% to $0.35 per share, or $1.4 annualized, for an annual yield of 3.1%. The dividend will be payable on September 1, 2023, to stockholders of record on August 4, 2023, with an ex-dividend date of August 3, 2023.
Furthermore, the company’s board of directors authorized a new common stock repurchase program of up to $30 billion.
According to CEO Charlie Scharf, even with significant investments in the company’s risk and control infrastructure, as well as updated capabilities for customers and employees, Wells Fargo’s capital levels are strong and are expected to remain so, allowing it to return excess capital to shareholders.
By Davit Kirakosyan
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.