By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- The Wendy’s Co (NASDAQ: WEN ) shares dipped Monday after the company lowered its adjusted earnings per share view for 2022.
In a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing, the company said it expects earnings per share for the year to be between $0.82 and $0.86, down from the previous guidance of $0.87 to $0.91.
The company now expects FY 2022 cash flows from operations of between $305 million to $325 million, with free cash flow of $215 million to $225 million. Wendy's previously guided for cash flows from operations of $320 million to $340 million, with free cash flow between $230 million to $240 million.
Global systemwide sales growth expectations remained the same at 6% to 8%. Capital expenditures are forecast between $90 million to $100 million.
In addition, the company boosted its share buybacks by $150 million, which was added to the previously announced share repurchase program, which expires in February 2023, taking it to $250 million.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.