XRP Closes Q1 off up 58.9% Due to Latest Lawsuit Developments
Coin Edition -
- Investor optimism for XRP rose yesterday, causing XRP’s price to gain 1.07%.
- XRP closed Q1 of this year with a 58.9% gain.
- Investor optimism continues to increase as Ripple’s defense strengthens its case against the SEC.
The price of Ripple (XRP) rose by 1.07% yesterday, and partially reversed a 1.93% loss from Thursday. This saw the remittance token ending March off with a 42.82% gain to close at $0.53798. This bullish March contributed to a 58.9% Q1 for XRP.
Daily chart for XRP/USDT (Source: TradingView)
Yesterday was a quiet trading session given that there were no updates on the ongoing Ripple vs SEC lawsuit. This lack of updates increased investor optimism relating to the case, with investors and traders confident that Ripple will win the lawsuit.
This optimism is justified by the strategic moves made by Ripple’s defense team recently which have strengthened their position in their longstanding case with the SEC. One focal point in the case which remains is the Hinman documents, which the SEC has been trying to prevent from entering the case.
This, together with the SEC and CFTC disagreements over the classification of ETH and other cryptos has inadvertently supported Ripple’s defense in the last couple of months.
CoinMarketCap shows that the price of XRP has dropped 4.68% over the last 24 hours to trade at $0.5107. XRP also weakened against the two crypto market leaders, Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH), by 7.09% and 6.29% respectively.
XRP is looking to set a new 24-hour low as it currently trades near its current daily low of around $0.5099. Meanwhile, the crypto’s 24-hour high stands at $0.5469.
The daily trading volume for XRP today is 15.07% lower than what it was yesterday. Currently, the 24-hour trading volume for XRP stands at $1,938,236,946.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions, as well as all the information shared in this price analysis, are published in good faith. Readers must do their own research and due diligence. Any action taken by the reader is strictly at their own risk. Coin Edition and its affiliates will not be held liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss.
The post XRP Closes Q1 off up 58.9% Due to Latest Lawsuit Developments appeared first on Coin Edition.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or