Zoom Falls After $14.7 Billion Deal To Buy Five9
By Dhirendra Tripathi
Investing.com – Zoom Video (NASDAQ: ZM ) stock fell more than 3% in Monday’s premarket trade a day after the company announced an all-stock deal to buy Cloud-based customer-service software provider Five9 (NASDAQ: FIVN ).
The acquisition is expected to enhance Zoom’s presence with enterprise customers and help the video chat service target the $24 billion contact center market.
Five9 is a pioneer of cloud-based contact center software. Its Cloud contact center offers applications that allow management of customer interactions across many channels.
The acquisition is complementary to the growing popularity of Zoom's Cloud-based phone system that offers a digital alternative to traditional phone systems in offices, the company said.
As part of the agreement, Five9 stockholders will receive 0.55 shares of Zoom for each share of Five9, Inc. This represents a per share price for Five9 stock of $200.28.
5Nine stock closed at $177.60 Friday and was trading 7.4% higher in premarket today.
This is Zoom’s second acquisition in less than three weeks. On June 29, it said it was buying Germany’s Karlsruhe Information Technology Solutions, a start-up developing real-time machine translation solutions.
Zoom is amongst the biggest stars born out of the pandemic, when most work moved home and its simple interface and mostly-free real-time video conferencing facility rapidly gained millions of homebound users.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or