Shares were up over 14% at one point during the session.
According to Bloomberg sources, Five9 is working with advisers as it seeks to gauge interest from potential buyers, and it has already held talks with Zoom.
Zoom and Five9 terminated a planned all-stock merger in September of 2021 after Five9 shareholders rejected the deal because Zoom’s share price declined.
The acquisition was expected to help enhance Zoom’s presence with enterprise customers and allow it to accelerate its long-term growth opportunity.
At the time the original deal was announced, Zoom’s CEO Eric Yuan said, “We are continuously looking for ways to enhance our platform, and the addition of Five9 is a natural fit that will deliver even more happiness and value to our customers.”
Five9 Inc . might also attract other strategic suitors, the report said.
"We continue to view FIVN as a highly strategic asset in CCaaS, warranting some takeout premium," analysts at Wells Fargo said in a note.
The analysts raised the price target by $10 to $100 per share on takeover rumors.
Analysts at DA Davidson warned investors that the "deal controversy will result in increased price volatility in the near term."
Additional reporting by Senad Karaahmetovic
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.