By Dhirendra Tripathi
Investing.com – Zumiez stock (NASDAQ: ZUMZ ) climbed 6% Friday after the company said it will repurchase shares worth $150 million.
The buyback will close on January 28, 2023. The repurchases will be made from time to time on the open market at prevailing market prices, the company said.
Zumiez has 25.16 million shares outstanding with a market cap of just over $1 billion as per the trading price of $41.88 at 11:00 AM ET.
The company had cash and current marketable securities of $412 as of July 31 with total current assets at $597.83 million.
Zumiez did not provide an outlook for the ongoing quarter while May to July net sales rose 7.3% to $268.7 million. Diluted earnings per share fell to 94 cents from $1.01 in the same quarter last year.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.