Oracle (NYSE: ORCL ) has introduced the Fusion Data Intelligence Platform, an evolution of its Fusion Analytics Warehouse, and new generative AI capabilities for Oracle Analytics Cloud. The announcements were made on Wednesday at Oracle CloudWorld 2023, the company's user conference in Las Vegas.
The Fusion Data Intelligence Platform is designed to combine data-driven insights with intelligent decisions and actions. T.K. Anand, executive vice president of Oracle Analytics, said the platform aims to help users see insights based on their roles and workflows and take actions without leaving the application.
The platform, built on top of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Data Lakehouse services, provides business data-as-a-service with automated data pipelines, 360-degree data models for key business entities, rich interactive analytics, AI/ML models, and intelligent applications.
New features include prescriptive AI/ML models to automate time-consuming tasks and uncover valuable insights for business growth. Rich interactive analytics allow business users to explore and visualize their data using dashboards, reports, and KPIs. Intelligent applications leverage underlying prebuilt data models, AI/ML models, and analytics content to recommend actions that improve business outcomes.
In addition to the Fusion Data Intelligence Platform, Oracle showcased new AI-powered capabilities within Oracle Analytics Cloud. Leveraging OCI's Generative AI service, these capabilities aim to assist self-service analytics users in conducting sophisticated analysis and making better business decisions without waiting for data scientists or IT teams.
New capabilities include Generative AI Data Interactions that help users interact with data using natural language and generative-AI-created responses. Also announced was an AI-Powered Document Understanding feature that applies AI models to read documents such as JPEG and PDF files and extract key values and their context.
Oracle also revealed a new integration with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT ) Teams that enables users to post dashboards, visualizations, and insights into real-time discussions.
The Fusion Data Intelligence Platform and Analytics Cloud updates are part of Oracle's multi-year vision for progressing from data and analytics to decisions and actions that improve business outcomes.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.